Lillie Anderson


Share
Posted Online: June 30, 2014, 5:48 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Lillie M. Anderson, 84, of Osco, died Sunday, June 29, 2014, at Good Samaritan Society-Geneseo Village, Geneseo.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 2, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Orion. Visitation will be 4 to 7 p.m. today at Kirk, Huggins & Esterdahl Funeral Home, 1301 4th St., Orion. Burial will be at Lutheran Cemetery. Memorials may be made to St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Lillie was born Dec. 7, 1929, in Ulah, Ill., the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Vinstrand. She was raised by her Uncle William and Aunt Vera Johnson Vinstrand. She married Paul R. Anderson on March 23, 1952, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Orion.
From 1970 forward, Lillie and her husband owned and operated Anderson Repair in Orion, going on 44 years.
Lillie was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Orion and belonged to a church circle. She enjoyed playing cards, her favorite games being 42 and dominoes. She also enjoyed gardening, attending craft shows and flea markets, baking, cooking, square dancing, crocheting and taking pictures.
She and her husband enjoyed camping and traveling. They visited all 50 states. Lillie loved organizing family get-togethers and was very active with social events. She loved visiting with family and friends and kept numerous, very precise journals.
Survivors include her loving husband, Paul; children, Bruce Anderson, Rock Island, Vicki (Sam) Howard, Macomb, Ill., and Deb (Steve) Hyleck, Batavia, Ill. She was preceded in death by her parents; sister, Anna May Klingebiel; and brothers, Calvin and Leonard Vinstrand.
Online condolences may be left for her family by visiting esterdahl.com.












 



Local events heading








  Today is Wednesday, July 30, the 211th day of 2014. There are 154 days left in the year.
1864 -- 150 years ago: After Sept. 1, every small box of matches will be required to have a 3 cent duty Lincoln stamp on it, and every large box will be one cent for every 100 matches.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Rock Island residents had contributed a total of $1,293 to the American Red Cross for the Johnstown flood relief fund.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Capt. Clark Means, new darkhorse twirler for the ARGUS staff, was in great form in his initial contest as a mound laborer. The result was that THE ARGUS trimmed the Union 6-5.
1939 -- 75 years ago: Hunter and Humprey Moody, young Decatur, Ill, brothers, lack only a few hours of establishing a new world light plane endurance record.
1964 -- 50 years ago: Gates of the 110th annual Mercer County Fair swing open tonight at Aledo for a full week of day and night activity. More that $36,000 will be paid in premiums and race purses.
1989 -- 25 years ago: The baseball field carved out of the cornfield near Dyersville, Iowa, continues to keep dreams alive for hundreds of visitors. Tourists from 26 state and France have visited Dan Lansing's farm to see the baseball diamond seen in the hit movie "Field of Dreams."






(More History)