According to the number of click-throughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:|
1. "Mid-West 10 football conference inaugural season in jeopardy": A Week 9 contract Peoria Manual has with Eureka could cost the merger of the Western Big 6 with four Mid-States 6 schools.
2. "Alleman's Ledezma puts in the work": The week's Metro Pacesetter is Alleman pitcher Taner Ledezma.
3. "Moline survives late jam, then puts Sherrard away with five-run sixth": In a battle of 2012 state-trophy winners, Moline prevails 11-2 in softball.
4. "A Pioneer promise: Alleman rallies to sweep UT, stays perfect in WB6": Alleman third baseman John Tracey kept his promise to pitcher Cody Sedlock and came up with a game-deciding base hit.
5. "Moline's Baker building soccer program up north": Drew Baker, a 2001 Moline grad, having success at Kenosha Indian Trail High School.
6. "Sherrard girls, Mercer County boys begin big push with Rockridge Invite titles": With track & field sectionals looming, the Tigers and Golden Eagles are at the top of their games.
7. "Mid-West 10 schedule still in flux; league going to IHSA": With no resolution in sight, the new football conference will turn to the IHSA.
8. "Coaches define 'friendly' softball rivalry": Moline coach Mark Gerlach and United Township coach John Alonzo are featured.
9. "Tigers' Crawley running her way back into top form": The week's Area Pacesetter is Sherrard track standout Danielle Crawley.
10. "Mercer County seniors build toward LTC 3-peat": Area beat writer Terry Duckett looks at the success of the Golden Eagles seniors in track & field.
Geneseo, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|