According to the number of click-throughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:
1. 'Finch resigns as Mercer County wrestling coach, accepts position at Assumption': Coach Jeremy Finch leaves the Golden Eagles for an assistant's job with the Knights, with his son, state runner-up Tristen, also heading to Assumption next fall.
2. 'Saturday's sport shorts': There's only one way to explain this: The Quad-Cities was hungry for a nice-enough day for spring sports teams to get outside.
3. 'Happ named Dispatch/Argus Area Boys' Basketball Player of the Year': Wisconsin-bound Rockridge junior Ethan Happ is named the best among rural hoopsters.
4. 'Dispatch/Argus Area Basketball All-Stars': Our full-page color presentation of the best in area boys' basketball.'
5. 'Erickson gets Rocks off to fast start': Rock Island pitcher Matt Erickson is the first Metro Pacesetter of the spring sports, striking out 18 in his first outing.
6. 'Erie's Johnston shooting for big-school respect': A preview of the Illinois-Iowa Senior All-Star basketball game feature's Erie's Jacob Johnston.
7. 'Polite's UT's guys now know: Previous stint for Panthers' coach was Florida Gulf Coast': The NCAA's Cinderella team, No. 15 seed Florida Golf Coast, has a Q-C connection – It's where coach Marc Polite coached before returning to UT.
8. 'Illinois dominates boys' star showcase': Rocky's Trae Babers is the MVP of Illinois' 87-69 win over Iowa.
9. 'Carr worried more about next season': RI's C.J. Carr looks ahead as he embarks on a Q-C Elite season.
10. 'Riverdale quintent to unveil college choices': Riverdale athletes Drew Beale, Amanda Brummet, Liz Oltman, Mitchell Sand and Logan Sherman tell of their college plans.
Today is Tuesday, July 29, the 210th day of 2014. There are 155 days left in the year.
1864 -- 150 years ago: Col. H.F. Sickless informs us that there will be new organization of troops in this state under the call for more men. 1889 -- 125 years ago: James Normoyle arrived home after graduating from West Point with honors in the class of 1889. He was to report to Fort Brady, Mich., as second lieutenant in the 23rd Infantry. 1914 -- 100 years ago: Austria Hungary declared war on Serbia. Germany and Austria refused an invitation of Sir Edward Grey to join Great Britain at a mediation conference. 1939 -- 75 years ago: Dr. William Mayo, the last of the three famous Mayo brother surgeons, died at the age of 78. 1964 -- 50 years ago: One of the biggest horse shows of the season was held yesterday at Hillandale Arena on Knoxville Road under the sponsorship of the Illowa Horsemen's Club. 1989 -- 25 years ago: Davenport is like a gigantic carnival this weekend with the Bix Arts Fest taking over 12 square blocks of the downtown area. A festive atmosphere prevailed Friday as thousands of people turned out to sample what the Arts Fest has to offer.