According to the number of click-throughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:
1. 'Finch resigns as Mercer County wrestling coach, accepts position at Assumption': Coach Jeremy Finch leaves the Golden Eagles for an assistant's job with the Knights, with his son, state runner-up Tristen, also heading to Assumption next fall.
2. 'Saturday's sport shorts': There's only one way to explain this: The Quad-Cities was hungry for a nice-enough day for spring sports teams to get outside.
3. 'Happ named Dispatch/Argus Area Boys' Basketball Player of the Year': Wisconsin-bound Rockridge junior Ethan Happ is named the best among rural hoopsters.
4. 'Dispatch/Argus Area Basketball All-Stars': Our full-page color presentation of the best in area boys' basketball.'
5. 'Erickson gets Rocks off to fast start': Rock Island pitcher Matt Erickson is the first Metro Pacesetter of the spring sports, striking out 18 in his first outing.
6. 'Erie's Johnston shooting for big-school respect': A preview of the Illinois-Iowa Senior All-Star basketball game feature's Erie's Jacob Johnston.
7. 'Polite's UT's guys now know: Previous stint for Panthers' coach was Florida Gulf Coast': The NCAA's Cinderella team, No. 15 seed Florida Golf Coast, has a Q-C connection – It's where coach Marc Polite coached before returning to UT.
8. 'Illinois dominates boys' star showcase': Rocky's Trae Babers is the MVP of Illinois' 87-69 win over Iowa.
9. 'Carr worried more about next season': RI's C.J. Carr looks ahead as he embarks on a Q-C Elite season.
10. 'Riverdale quintent to unveil college choices': Riverdale athletes Drew Beale, Amanda Brummet, Liz Oltman, Mitchell Sand and Logan Sherman tell of their college plans.
Today is Thursday, Aug. 21, the 233rd day of 2014. There are 132 days left in the year.
1864 -- 150 years ago: Sheriff McLaughlin had the misfortune to dislocate his right shoulder some days ago when his carriage upset. He is now able to walk about but has a very sore shoulder. 1889 -- 125 years ago: A kindergarten was started in the downtown district of Rock Island with the Misses Dodie Hawes and Grace Knowlton as teachers. 1914 -- 100 years ago: Pope Pius X died in Rome. 1939 -- 75 years ago: Rock Island's new theater was named Esquire. 1964 -- 50 years ago: The J.I. Case Co. plant in Bettendorf will add from 150 to 200 employees by Jan. 1 a spokesman for the company said today. The Bettendorf Works today had a payroll of 1,350, but an increased production schedule will require additional people. 1989 -- 25 years ago: The Illowa Council Boy Scouts of America reached and passed its campaign goal in a drive that began 14 months ago by raising more than $2.2 million for the expansion of Loud Thunder Reservation near Andalusia.