LOCAL FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Margaret Hugart


Share
Posted Online: March 26, 2013, 6:41 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Margaret E. Hugart, 103, formerly of Moline, passed away March 24, 2013, at Good Samaritan Village, Geneseo.
A Scripture reading will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 28, at Sacred Heart Church, Moline. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. today at DeRoo Funeral Home, Moline, where a rosary will be held at 5 p.m. Entombment is at St. Mary's Mausoleum, East Moline. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
Margaret was born May 28, 1909, in Mineral, Ill., the daughter of Louis J. and Marie M. DeWispelaere DePauw. She married Raymond J. Hugart on Oct. 23, 1930, in Sheffield, Ill. He preceded her in death Jan. 22, 1991.
She was employed at Desaulner's Printing Co., Moline, retiring in 1975, as a printing press operator.
Margaret was a member of Sacred Heart Church, Center for Belgian Culture, East End Club and the Friends Circle Club, all of Moline.
Survivors include her daughter, Donna Kroeger, Albany; son and daughter-in-law, Gary and Lucinda Hugart, East Moline; grandchildren, Kenneth (Jan) Kroeger, Suzan (Don) Gienapp, Patricia (Marty) Lewis and Nicole (Dan) Seabloom. There are 11 great-grandchildren; 22 great-great-grandchildren; and her sister, Bernice Beiermann, Moline.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; granddaughter, Vicki Gray; sisters, Celia Marie, Doris Marie, Velma Alice, Irene Marie, Helen Aqueena, Dorothy Tressa, Lillian Marie, Selma Agnes and Evelyn Marie; and brothers, Charles LeRoy, Lawrence Edward and Ervin Willard; and son-in-law, William Kroeger.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at deroofuneralhome.com.














 



Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Sept. 20, the 263rd day of 2014. There are 102 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: Recruits can get $500 by enlisting now. Lt Jobe has a recruiting office on Illinois Street.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Superintendent Schnitger formally inaugurated the Rock Island and Davenport Railway Line of the Holmes system by putting on four cars to start.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Wires of the defunct Union Electric Co. are being removed by city electricians.
1939 -- 75 years ago: The Bishop Hill softball team won the championship in WHB"S Mississippi Valley tournament at Douglas Park.
1964 -- 50 years ago: A boom in apartment construction has hit Rock Island, with approximately 300 units either in or near the construction stage or due for an early rezoning decision.
1989 -- 25 years ago: Members of the Bi-State Metropolitan Planning Commission are hoping to revive their push for a new $70 million four-lane bridge spanning the Mississippi River.






(More History)