PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Eleanor Moore


Share
Posted Online: March 17, 2013, 7:55 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
There's another angel in heaven, as Eleanor G. Moore, 82, of Moline, died surrounded by her loving family on Saturday, March 16, 2013, at Edward Hospital in Naperville, Ill.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, at Sacred Heart Church, Moline. Visitation will be 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Rafferty Funeral Home, 2111 1st St. A, Moline. Burial will be at National Cemetery, Rock Island. Memorials can be made to the Moline Booster Club, American Heart Association or American Diabetes Association.
Eleanor G. Graham ("Ellie") was born Jan. 22, 1931, to Fred and Willie Lewis Graham. Ellie attended Moline public schools, graduating from Moline High School in 1949. Ellie was married to Kenneth C. Moore Jr. on March 24, 1951, in Moline. Ellie and Kenny lived on a number of military bases while Kenny served in the Korean War and then moved back to Moline. Ellie worked in the family business, Ken Moore Food Products, for more than 50 years and continued to work as a bookkeeper after Loffredo Food Products purchased the company. All told she worked almost 60 years at the same location, continuing to work until her illness prevented it in the fall of 2012.
Ellie's highest calling was as a wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She enjoyed attending her children's and grandchildren's sporting events, plays and other activities and attended hundreds of games at Moline's softball and baseball fields, Browning Field and Wharton Fieldhouse.
Ellie is survived by her husband, Kenny; her four daughters, Pam (Stephen) Mott, Moline, Sheri (John) Bradley, Moline, Lisa (Chad) Steckel, Galena, Ill., and Luann (Derek) Lindauer, Moline; 12 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by five sisters.
Condolences may be left and a video viewed at www.RaffertyFunerals.com.














 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)