Ruby Erickson


Share
Posted Online: March 14, 2013, 7:13 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Ruby O. Erickson, 82, of Lawrenceville, Ga., entered into rest on Wednesday, March 13, 2013, after a gallant fight with emphysema.
A service honoring the life of Ruby O. Erickson will be held Sunday, March 17, at 3 p.m., at Tom M. Wages Lawrenceville Chapel with Pastor Jeff Groves officiating. Interment will follow at Gwinnett Memorial Park. The family will receive friends on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m. at the funeral home. Condolences may be sent or viewed at wagesfuneralhome.com. Tom M. Wages Funeral Service, "A Family Company," Lawrenceville Chapel, 770-963-2411, has been entrusted with the arrangements.
Ruby Erickson was born on Aug. 22, 1930, in St. Joseph, Mo., to Louise Abigail Phipps Jones and James Albert Jones. She was a homemaker, devoted wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and loyal friend. Mrs. Erickson enjoyed gardening, baking and crocheting. She is going to be greatly missed by her adoring family.
She was predeceased by her husband of 51 years, Frederick E. Erickson in 2002. She is survived by her daughter, Sheila Erickson, Lawrenceville; son, Christopher Erickson, Moline; eight grandchildren, Mark (Crystal) Erickson, Stacia Erickson, Amy Swanson, Rebecca Anderson, Melissa (Chip) Hall, Kendra (Joey) Sowell, Travis Erickson and Randi Erickson; 14 great-grandchildren, Terrell Anderson, Taylor Anderson, Tyler Erickson, Torie Erickson, Dallas Erickson, Morgan Swanson, Darrell Hall, Cheyenne Hall, Ashlyn Hall, Brinley Hall, Ava Sowell, Keenan Wilhelm, Cameron Wilhelm and Kowen Wilhelm; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and a host of friends. She also was predeceased by two sons, Frederick and Martin; grandson, Scott; her parents; and 11 siblings, Russell, Ralph, Richard, Ross, Ruth, Raymond, Robert, Roger, Roy, Ronald and Retta.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)