PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Ayliffe Colbert


Share
Posted Online: Feb. 25, 2013, 7:50 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Ayliffe C. Colbert, 80, of Fort Pierce, Fla., formerly of East Moline, passed away Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at her home in Fort Pierce.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Friday at Christ United Methodist Church, East Moline, where she was a member. Visitation will be 4-7 p.m. Thursday at Schroder Mortuary, Silvis. Burial will be at Greenview Memorial Gardens in East Moline. Memorials may be made to Christ United Methodist Church.
Ayliffe was born Aug. 14, 1932, in Madelia, Minn., the daughter of Harry L. and Claire Weldy Bristol. She married Frank Freeborn June 3, 1949. She later married Eugene Dickinson in 1957 in Moline. He passed away June 19, 1993. She then married Dudley S. Colbert on Oct. 21, 1995, in East Moline. He passed away July 29, 2006.
Ayliffe was owner/broker of Dickinson Realty in East Moline for 15 years. She was a member of the VFW Auxillary and a former member of ABWA. She was also a member of Lakewood Park Methodist Church in Fort Pierce.
Ayliffe is survived by her children, Thomas (Fran) Dickinson, Stephen (Luanna) Dickinson, Dennis (Ingrid) Freeborn, Cynthia (Dave) Heimbeck, Kimberly (Terry) Fortman and Cheryl Wood; daughter-in-law Rita Freeborn; 16 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; siblings Buda Larson, James (Kathy) Cramblett, Carolee Dunton, Sue (John) Dingus; sister-in-law, Virginia Bristol; and a special friend, Allen Fisher. She was preceded in death by her husbands, son, Richard Freeborn; brothers, Bill and Darrell Bristol; and a granddaughter Tabitha Dickinson
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.schrodermortuary.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)