Pepperjack's Restaurant and Lounge opens in Davenport


Share
Posted Online: Feb. 14, 2013, 7:31 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Pepperjack's Restaurant and Lounge has opened in the former Cheddar's at 1225 East Kimberly Road, Davenport.

The building, which was vacant for more than six years after Cheddar's closed, almost has been rebuilt completely, including new windows, doors, roof, interior and heating and air conditioning and kitchen equipment. A semi-private dining room is available by reservation for groups up to 50 people.

Pepperjack's is owned by Danny Holmes, former longtime general manager of Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel and Wesley Ludloff, the opening general manager of the new Hotel Blackhawk. It is not affiliated with any other restaurant of similar name.

Pepperjack's serves casual American menu for lunch and dinner - appetizers, soups, steaks, salads, ribs, seafoods, pastas, salads and sandwiches.

All soups, sauces and dressings are homemade daily from recipes developed by the culinary staff. Special items are featured at every meal.Pepperjack's eventually hopes to offer a Sunday brunch.

Dinner offerings include savory herb roasted chicken, roasted prime rib, baby back ribs, savory chicken pie, seafood quesadilla, jambalaya pasta, braised beef short ribs, steak frites, chicken piccata, porterhouse pork chop, blackened grouper, barbecued shrimp, tenderloin tips en casserole and a variety of steaks.

Luncheon choices include burgers, tenderloins and a variety of sandwiches and wraps.

The business employs about 45 people and is open seven days per week. Reservations are gladly accepted. For more information, call563-324-9525.


















 



Local events heading








  Today is Wednesday, July 30, the 211th day of 2014. There are 154 days left in the year.
1864 -- 150 years ago: After Sept. 1, every small box of matches will be required to have a 3 cent duty Lincoln stamp on it, and every large box will be one cent for every 100 matches.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Rock Island residents had contributed a total of $1,293 to the American Red Cross for the Johnstown flood relief fund.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Capt. Clark Means, new darkhorse twirler for the ARGUS staff, was in great form in his initial contest as a mound laborer. The result was that THE ARGUS trimmed the Union 6-5.
1939 -- 75 years ago: Hunter and Humprey Moody, young Decatur, Ill, brothers, lack only a few hours of establishing a new world light plane endurance record.
1964 -- 50 years ago: Gates of the 110th annual Mercer County Fair swing open tonight at Aledo for a full week of day and night activity. More that $36,000 will be paid in premiums and race purses.
1989 -- 25 years ago: The baseball field carved out of the cornfield near Dyersville, Iowa, continues to keep dreams alive for hundreds of visitors. Tourists from 26 state and France have visited Dan Lansing's farm to see the baseball diamond seen in the hit movie "Field of Dreams."






(More History)