-– These local media rankings are determined on a descending points system, with a first-place vote receiving 10 points, a second-place vote receiving 9 points, and so on. Presented by The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus, WQAD-TV 8, MC22, WFXN-AM 1230's Quad Cities Radio Group, Aledo's WRMJ-FM 102.3, Kewanee-based Regional Media and the Clinton Herald.
16. Galesburg (15-13): Lost at No. 2 Rock Island, 58-57 Friday.
17. Riverdale (14-13): Lost to No. 7 Kewanee, 68-62 Thursday; Lost at No. 10 Sterling Newman, 80-60 Saturday; Beat Fulton, 75-51 Tuesday.
ALSO ON THE RADAR:
NR. Preston (17-3): Idle; next game Feb. 14 vs. TBD in Iowa 1A's District 9 playoffs.
NR. Erie (16-13): Lost at Bureau Valley, 57-53 (OT) Saturday; Won at Prophetstown, 61-54 Tuesday.
NR. Bureau Valley (19-11): Beat Erie, 57-53 (OT) Saturday; Lost at No. 1 Kewanee, 49-44 Tuesday.
Rank. Team (Rec.): How they fared
1. Rock Island (25-4): Won at Quincy, 70-39 Thursday; Lost to No. 8 United Township, 67-52 Tuesday in the Illinois 4A Peoria Richwoods Regional.
2. Assumption (20-2): Won at No. 15 Pleasant Valley, 51-41 Friday; Beat Camanche, 61-28 Saturday in the Iowa 3A Region 5 tournament.
3. Annawan (27-2): Beat No. 9 Wethersfield, 75-59 Thursday in the Illinois 1A Annawan Regional championship game; Beat state-ranked Newark, 46-21 Monday in the Illinois 1A Sectional.
4. Riverdale (25-3): Beat Sterling Newman, 50-42 Friday in the Illinois 2A Sterling Newman Regional championship game; Lost to state-ranked Byron, 69-36 Monday in the Illinois 2A Somonauk Sectional.
5. Muscatine (18-3): Beat Clinton, 76-33 Friday.
6. Sherrard (27-3): Beat No. 12 Orion, 63-28 Thurday in the Illinois 2A Rockridge Regional championship game; Beat Knoxville, 44-25 in the Illinois 2A Orion Sectional.
7. Prophetstown (27-4): Beat Erie, 36-31 Friday in the Illinois 1A Polo Regional championship game; Lost to top-ranked (and defending state champ) Freeport Aquin, 49-44 Monday in the Illinois 1A River Ridge Sectional.
8. United Township (19-12): Lost at Moline, 39-36 Thursday; Beat No. 1 Rock Island, 67-52 Tuesday in the Illinois 4A Peoria Richwoods Regional.
9. Wethersfield (23-8): Lost to No. 3 Annawan, 75-59 Thursday in the Illinois 1A Annawan Regional championship game.
10. Mediapolis (21-1): Beat West Liberty, 74-23 Saturday; Wednesday hosts TBD in the Iowa 3A Region 6 tournament.
ALSO RECEIVING VOTES:
11. Galesburg (18-13): Won at Alleman, 62-58 Thursday; Lost to Geneseo, 55-49 Tuesday in the Illinois 3A Dunlap Regional.
12. Orion (19-10): Lost to No. 6 Sherrard, 63-28 Thursday in the Illinois 2A Rockridge Regional championship game.
13. Stark County (20-9): SEASON OVER.
14. Burlington Notre Dame (19-3): Beat Danville, 75-35 Tuesday in Iowa 1A's Region 4 tournament.
15. Pleasant Valley (12-9): Lost to No. 2 Assumption, 51-41 Friday.
ALSO ON THE RADAR:
NR. Bellevue (18-4): Beat Clayton Ridge, 56-41 Tuesday in Iowa 2A's Region 4 tournament.
NR. Preston (16-6): Beat Clinton Prince of Peace, 59-46 Tuesday in Iowa 1A's Region 4 tournament.
NR. Erie (20-10): Lost to No. 7 Prophetstown, 36-31 Friday in the Illinois 1A Polo Regional championship game.
NR. Sterling (19-12): Beat LaSalle-Peru, 41-30 Thursday; Beat Rock Falls, 50-43 (OT) Tuesday in the Illinois 3A Sterling Regional.
NR. Sterling Newman (15-12): Lost to No. 4 Riverdale, 50-42 Friday in the 1A Sterling Newman Regional championship game.
NR. North Scott (13-8): Won at Burlington, 44-34 Friday.
Today is Monday, Oct. 20, the 293rd day of 2014. There are 72 days left in the year.
1864 -- 150 years ago: The store of Devoe and Crampton was entered and robbed of about $500 worth of gold pens and pocket cutlery last night. 1889 -- 125 years ago: Michael Malloy was named president of the Tri-City Stone Cutters Union. 1914 -- 100 years ago: Dewitte C. Poole, former Moline newspaperman serving as vice consul general for the United States government in Paris, declared in a letter to friends that the once gay Paris is a city of sadness and desolation. 1939 -- 75 years ago: Plans for the construction of an $80,000 wholesale bakery at 2011 4th Ave. were announced by Harry and Nick Coin, of Rock Island. It is to be known as the Banquet Bakery. 1964 -- 50 years ago: An application has been filed for a state permit to organize a savings and loan association in Moline, it was announced. The applicants are Ben Butterworth, A.B. Lundahl, C. Richard Evans, John Harris, George Crampton and William Getz, all of Moline, Charles Roberts, Rock Island, and Charles Johnson, of Hampton. 1989 -- 25 years ago: Indian summer is quickly disappearing as temperatures slide into the 40s and 50s this week. Last week, highs were in the 80s.