PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Clifford Brocket


Share
Posted Online: Feb. 06, 2013, 6:14 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Clifford E. Brocket, 86, of Cambridge, died Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, at Hammond-Henry Hospital, Geneseo.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, at the Cambridge Chapel of Stackhouse-Moore Funeral Services. The Rev. Joe Kobernat will officiate. Burial will be at Rosedale Cemetery, Cambridge, with military services by the Cambridge American Legion. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home, with a Moose service at 7 p.m. Memorials may be made to the Clifford Brocket Memorial fund.
Clifford was born Oct. 4, 1926, in Muscatine, Iowa, the son of Leslie I. and Gertrude N. Sylvester Brocket. He was educated in Muscatine schools and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. His marriage to Cleus Ann Stach took place on Oct. 19, 1968, in Cambridge.
He worked for 36 years at the Farmall Product Distribution Office in Rock Island, until retiring in 1982. Clifford was a member of the Moose Lodge No. 990, Geneseo. He enjoyed woodworking, camping, family and friends.
Those surviving are his wife, Cleus; a daughter and son-in-law, Debbie and Chris Roepke, Burlington, Iowa; a son, Mark Brocket, Alabama; two stepdaughters and a stepson-in-law, Laurie and Louie Shapiro, Escondido, Calif., and Cynthia Spain, Fond du Lac, Wis. Other survivors include four grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. His parents; a sister; and two brothers preceded him in death.
A video tribute may be viewed and condolences expressed by visiting Clifford's obituary at www.stackhousemoore.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)