PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Jane Johnson


Share
Posted Online: Feb. 04, 2013, 7:23 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Jane Elizabeth Johnson, 95, of Moline, passed away on Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, at her home.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, at Rafferty Funeral Home, 2111 1st St. A, Moline. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home. Burial will be at Calvary Cemetery, Rock Island. Memorials can be made to Sacred Heart Church or to Mr. Thanksgiving.
Jane was born on Sept. 11, 1917, in Moline, the daughter of Edward and Elizabeth VanBuer Wood. She married Charles A. Johnson on Aug. 26, 1939, in Moline. He preceded her in death on June 3, 1980.
Jane worked at the former Johnson Bakery, Moline, and Mr. Fresh, Moline.
Mrs. Johnson was a member of Sacred Heart Church, Moline, and Altar and Rosary Society.
Jane loved spending time with her family, especially the years at their cabin.
Survivors include children, Mike (Dana) Johnson, Davenport, Tim (Pam) Johnson, Moline, Sue (Joe) Waite, Moline, Pat (Debbie) Johnson, LeClaire, Kevin "KC" (Randi) Johnson, Moline, and Bridget (Mike) Frieden, Davenport; 15 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Marie DeMeyer, Moline. She was preceded in death by a sister and three brothers.
The family would like to thank Dr. Pareigis and staff, Trinity Pathway Hospice and care givers Darlene, Lura, Kisha, Ann, NeNe and Sounja.
Condolences may be left or a video viewed at www.raffertyfunerals.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)