PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Charles 'Chuck' Bos


Share
Posted Online: Jan. 30, 2013, 6:53 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Charles W. "Chuck" Bos, 83, of rural Geneseo, passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, at his home.
A memorial service celebrating his life will be at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4, at the Geneseo Evangelical Free Church. The Rev. Greg Chenowith and the Rev. Dick Van Dyke will officiate. Visitation for Charles will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Geneseo Chapel of Vandemore Funeral Homes and Cremation Services. Inurnment will be at the Sharon Cemetery, Erie. Per his request, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorials may be left to the Charles "Chuck" Bos Memorial Fund.
Charles was born on July 23, 1929, in Garden Plain, Ill., to Clarence and Grace Heun Bos. On Dec. 24, 1949, he was united in marriage to Georgia Glee Luecke in Newton Township, Ill. Chuck had been a lifetime farmer in Erie and rural Geneseo, farming in Geneseo for 50 years.
Chuck was an active member of the Geneseo Evangelical Free Church as well as the Antique Engine and Tractor Association, and the Henry County Farm Bureau. He was involved with United Marriage Encounter Group, Stevens Ministry, Lay Witness Mission as well as pastoring and Bible study groups at the local nursing homes. He volunteered for the Red Cross Blood Drive for many years. Chuck was an avid and accomplished woodworker and enjoyed camping.
Charles is survived by his wife, Glee; two sons, Charles L. (Diane) Bos, Geneseo, Kevin (Karen) Bos, Geneseo; three daughters, Merry (Greg) VanMeenen, Geneseo, Cheryl (Butch) DeSplinter, Indianapolis, Ind., Sandra (Gregg) Schwartz, Ambler, Pa.; 15 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and three brothers, Robert, Bill and Peter.
Share a message of sympathy with Charles' family at www.vandemorefuneralhome.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)