Submitted press release|
DO YOU THINK YOU MAKE THE BEST CHILI IN THE QUAD CITIES?
Prove it – at The Muddy Waters 3rd Annual Chili Cook-off
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Judging at 1:30 p.m.
Chili available to public at 2:00 p.m.
All-you-can-eat for $5
Raffle prizes throughout day
(all proceeds to go charity of winners choice)
Live Music by Daddy Mack Blues Band at 6 p.m.
When people say, "Memphis blues ain't what it used to be," they haven't heard the Daddy Mack Blues Band.
All of its members at one time or another played in the Fieldstones, one of the most talked-about urban blues bands since the 1970s.
Led by Mack Orr on lead guitar and vocals, this four-piece group is down-home and funky, and the best band around for cuttin' loose on a Saturday night.
No cover charge!
Application must be completed and returned with $5 entry fee by January 18 to The Muddy Water, 1708 State Street, Bettendorf, IA 52722 with name, address, phone and email. Make all checks payable to: The Muddy Waters
· Entrants must provide their own crockpot or warmer with pre-made homemade chili ready for judging at 1:30 p.m. and public consumption following judging.
· Only amateur chefs are allowed to participate.
· The Muddy Waters is not liable for injury or litigation arising from the cook-off. All contestants are expected to adhere to the following guidelines.
· Any contestant found in violation of the following guidelines will be removed from competition, and no entry fee will be refunded.
Following are the guidelines, which will apply to all registered contestants:
· Entry fee is $5. Entry fees are non-refundable.
· Contestants' will be judged by 5 judges based on taste. Judges will taste and review all contestants chili.
· A trophy and all entry fees will be awarded to the top "Muddys Chili Cook-off Winner".
· All proceed from the sale of the chili following the competition will be donated to a charity of the winner choice.
· Decisions of the judges are final. Winners will tentatively be announced at 2:00 p.m.
· Bring: a crockpot or warmer with enough pre-cooked chili to serve 15-20 people and your own ladle.
Moline, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|