New police badge commemorating Scott County’s 175 years


Share
Posted Online: Dec. 28, 2012, 11:34 am
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Press release submitted by Scott County Sheriff's Office


Beginning January 1, 2013 and for all of 2013, deputy sheriffs, corrections officers and reserve deputies will be wearing a new badge that commemorates the 175 years since Frazer Wilson was appointed as the first sheriff of Scott County.

These badges will display the officer's name, rank and radio I.D. number in addition to commemorating the 175th anniversary of the Sheriff's Office.

The badges were purchased by the individual officers and will be kept by them as a memento of the 175th anniversary of Scott County.



















 




Local events heading








  Today is Tuesday, Sept. 16, the 259th day of 2014. There are 106 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A fine lumber mill is on the course of erection at Andalusia. A flouring mill at that location is doing a fine business.
1889 — 125 years ago: J.B. Lidders, past captain of Beardsley Camp, Sons of Veterans, returned from Paterson, N.Y., where he attended the National Sons of Veterans encampments.
1914 — 100 years ago: President Wilson announced that he had received from the imperial chancellor of Germany a noncommittal reply to his inquiry into a report that the emperor was willing to discuss terms of peace.
1939 — 75 years ago: Delegates at the Illinois Conference of the Methodist Church in Springfield voted to raise the minimum pay of ministers so that every pastor would get at least $1,000 annually.
1964 — 50 years ago: An audience of more than 2,600 persons jammed into the Davenport RKO Orpheum theater with a shoe horn feasted on a Miller-Diller evening that was a killer night. Phyllis Diller sent the audience with her offbeat humor. And send them she did! It was Miss Diller's third appearance in the Quad-Cities area.
1989 — 25 years ago: A few years ago, a vacant lot on 7th Avenue and 14th Street in Rock Island was a community nuisance. Weeds grew as high 18 inches. Today, the lot has a new face, thanks to Michael and Sheila Rind and other neighbors who helped them turn it into a park three weeks ago.





(More History)