Press release submitted by city of Davenport|
The City of Davenport would like to remind residents that they can set out up to three (3) extra garbage bags without an Extra Garbage Sticker on their normal collection date during the week following the Christmas Holiday; Wednesday, December 26th through Monday, December 31st.
Tuesday through Friday collection will be one day late during the week following Christmas. Although the sticker requirement for the three (3) extra bags during this period has been waived, solid waste collection guidelines still apply:
- Bag must weigh no more than 50lbs.
- One (1) bag should be set on top of garbage cart
- Additional bags should be set to 4ft away from the garbage cart
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind residents that curbside yard waste collection ends for the season on Friday, January 11, 2013. Residents wishing to dispose of their real tree may do so as follows:
- Real/live trees may be placed for curbside collection through Friday, January 11, 2013. Trees must be placed for collection on the resident's normal garbage day and must be free of all decorations, including the tree stand, and not be wrapped in plastic to be picked up. After January 11th, Christmas trees may be taken to our Compost Facility for free drop-off.
- Wreaths and garlands should be placed in the garbage cart.