Davenport announces River Drive, other roadwork


Share
Posted Online: Nov. 19, 2012, 5:23 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Press release submitted by JenniferNahra, city of Davenport

Pine Street Reconstruction Project - Kimberly Road to W. 49th Street-Crews are expecting to pour another section of Pine Street on Tuesday, November 20th. Concrete trucks will be moving in and out of the area, so traffic delays are to be expected. Please find an alternate route if possible. Traffic remains restricted to NORTHBOUND ONLY between 46th and 49th Streets on Pine Street. Pine Street between Kimberly and 46th Street is open to limited two way traffic.

East River Drive Resurfacing Project Update - The section of River Drive between Mound Street and the east city limits has been paved and adjustments to the utility castings are currently underway. This section is expected to be completely finished and open to traffic by the end of the first week of December. No future closures on that section are expected.

The south half of River Drive between Mound and Oneida (eastbound lanes) will be resurfaced today. Utility castings will then be adjusted, the lanes striped and those lanes opened to traffic by the second or third week of December. Westbound traffic will remain one lane with traffic running on the old surface while water valve work is completed in the northerly westbound lane. Water valve work should be completed and the entire section open and running four lanes by Christmas. This section will be closed again in the spring with traffic running head to head in the south lanes while the old surface of the north lanes is rotomilled and resurfaced. That work should take approximately 3-4 weeks to complete.

















 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)