-– These local media rankings are determined on a descending points system, with a first-place vote receiving 10 points, a second-place vote receiving 9 points, and so on. Presented by The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus, WQAD-TV 8, MC22, WFXN-AM 1230, Aledo's WRMJ-FM 102.3, Kewanee-based Regional Media, QC's Family Ties Productions and the Clinton Herald. The last vote was taken Oct. 24.
Rank. Team (Rec): How they fared
1. Pleasant Valley (11-1): SEASON OVER (quarterfinal Iowa 4A playoff loss).
2. Mercer County (12-0): Won at Amboy-LaMoille, 33-21 Saturday in the Illinois 2A quarterfinals. Next: Saturday hosts state-rated Clifton Central in the Illinois 2A semifinals, TBA.
3. Rock Island (8-3): SEASON OVER (second round Illinois 6A playoff loss).
4. Alleman (11-1): Won at state-rated Coal City, 28-13 Saturday in the Illinois 4A quarterfinals. Next: Saturday at Evergreen Park in the Illinois 4A semifinals, TBA.
5. Sterling Newman (12-0): Won at state-rated Wilmington, 28-26 Saturday in the Illinois 3A quarterfinals. Next: Saturday hosts defending state champ Aurora Christian in the Illinois 3A semifinals, TBA.
6. Mediapolis (13-0): Beat state-rated Dyersville Beckman, 19-6 Saturday in the Iowa 2A semifinals. Next: Friday vs. state-rated Spirit Lake in the Iowa 2A state championship.
7. Assumption (7-3): SEASON OVER (first round Iowa 4A playoff loss).
8. Annawan-Wethersfield (10-2): Lost at Clifton Central, 48-27 Saturday in the Illinois 2A quarterfinals. SEASON OVER.
9. Muscatine (7-3): SEASON OVER (first round Iowa 4A playoff loss).
10. Monmouth-Roseville (8-3): SEASON OVER (second round Illinois 3A playoff loss to No. 5 Sterling Newman).
ALSO RECEIVING VOTES:
11. Rockridge (7-3): SEASON OVER (first round Illinois 2A playoff loss).
12. Sterling (6-4): SEASON OVER (first round Illinois 5A playoff loss).
13. Bettendorf (6-4): SEASON OVER (first round Iowa 4A playoff loss to No. 15 North Scott).
14. Stark County (10-2): Beat state-rated Forreston, 50-20 Saturday in the Illinois 1A quarterfinals. Next: Saturday hosts top-ranked Stockton in the Illinois 1A semifinals, TBA.
15. North Scott (7-4): SEASON OVER (second round Iowa 4A playoff loss to No. 1 Pleasant Valley).
16. Preston (9-2): SEASON OVER (second round Iowa Eight-Man playoff loss).
17 (tie). Geneseo (6-5): SEASON OVER (second round Illinois 4A playoff loss).
17 (tie). Monmouth United (6-4): SEASON OVER (first round Illinois 1A playoff loss).
17 (tie). Morrison (6-4): SEASON OVER (first round Illinois 2A playoff loss).
ON THE RADAR:
NR. Galesburg (5-5): SEASON OVER (first round Illinois 5A playoff loss).
NR. Erie-Prophetstown (5-5): SEASON OVER (first round Illinois 3A playoff loss).
NR. Orion (6-5): SEASON OVER (second round Illinois 2A playoff loss).
Today is Sunday, April 20, the 110th day of 2014. There are 255 days left in the year.
1864 -- 150 years ago: The attention of contractors is called to proposals for building a magazine. The building is to be erected on the south side of the island, above the railroad, nearly opposite Sinnit's ice houses. 1889 -- 125 years ago: Ladies patent leather tip shoes were selling for $3 at the M & K store, and men's spring overcoats were advertised at $7.50. 1914 -- 100 years ago: Fred Feuchter, of Davenport, was elected president of the Tri-City Post Office Clerks club, and Joe Goldsmith, of Rock Island, was named secretary treasurer. 1939 -- 75 years ago: Mass vaccination of more than 1,600 employed of the Rock Island Arsenal has been ordered by Col. Norman Ramsey after a 13-year-old daughter of the Arsenal manager became ill with smallpox. 1964 -- 50 years ago: The 1964 Scout-O-Rama of the Sac-Fox Council of Boy Scouts closed a two-day session last evening at the Rock Island Armory with 5,000 paid attendance. 1989 -- 25 years ago: "From the horse and buggy days ... to this" said Mercer County Sheriff Marvin Thirtyacre, waving his hand to indicate the sheriff's department facilities at the new $1.5 million Mercer County Jail in Aledo.