LOCAL FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Earl Kincaid Jr.


Share
Posted Online: Nov. 10, 2012, 6:27 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Earl Calvin Kincaid, Jr. 86, Ocala, Fla., died on Sunday, Nov. 4, 2012. Funeral services were Thursday, Nov. 8, at Hiers-Baxley Funeral Services, 5946 SE Robinson Road,
Belleview, Fla., Burial is at Florida National Cemetery, Bushnell, Fla. In lieu of flowers, donations to Alzheimer's Association or to the Cancer Society would be appreciated. Online condolences may be made at www.hiers-baxley.com.
Earl was born in Henderson, Ky., on March 7, 1926, the son of Marge Kellums and Earl Kincaid, of Illinois. He attended schools in Illinois. He lived in Illinois, California and Nevada before moving to Florida in 2005.
He was married three times, first to Linda Smith. They had three children, Earlin, Ernest and Susan.
Of his second marriage to Muriel Woodruff there were no children. He was married to Jean Hazel
Kincaid in 2005 in Ocala, Florida.
He was a veteran of WWII, serving in the United States Army in the Philippines and in Ft. Churchill,
Canada. Earl was a retired carpenter and a member of Carpenters Local 1765. He was also a talented artist, painter and loved making canes and clocks. He was a member of the Sons of the American Revolution and Temple Beth Shalom. He loved playing the harmonica and enjoyed being around his stepchildren and their families. He was interested in genealogy, photography and loved reciting The Cremation of Sam McGee, which he learned while stationed during WWII in Ft. Churchill, Canada. He loved to travel and loved speaking Filipino, which he learned while stationed in the Philippines during WWII. He loved classical music and the ballet. He was also a taxidermist by trade.
He is survived by his wife, Jean Hazel Kincaid, and his three children, Earlin Landers, Grand Junction, Mich., Ernest Kincaid, Garden Grove, Calif., and Susan Kincaid, California; sister, Rosalie Demont of Orange, Calif.; and brothers, Richard Kincaid, East Moline, and George Kincaid, Geneseo; stepchildren, John Davis, Ocala, Graham Davis, Riverview, Fla., Russell Davis, Jacksonville, Fla., Cindi Neel, Bartlesville, Okla., and Gregory Davis, Carrollton, Ga.; granddaughter, Stephanie Kincaid; numerous nieces, nephews, several stepgrandchildren and stepgreat-grandchildren.















 



Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Sept. 20, the 263rd day of 2014. There are 102 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: Recruits can get $500 by enlisting now. Lt Jobe has a recruiting office on Illinois Street.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Superintendent Schnitger formally inaugurated the Rock Island and Davenport Railway Line of the Holmes system by putting on four cars to start.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Wires of the defunct Union Electric Co. are being removed by city electricians.
1939 -- 75 years ago: The Bishop Hill softball team won the championship in WHB"S Mississippi Valley tournament at Douglas Park.
1964 -- 50 years ago: A boom in apartment construction has hit Rock Island, with approximately 300 units either in or near the construction stage or due for an early rezoning decision.
1989 -- 25 years ago: Members of the Bi-State Metropolitan Planning Commission are hoping to revive their push for a new $70 million four-lane bridge spanning the Mississippi River.






(More History)