Today is Sunday, Sept. 9, the 253rd day of 2012. There are 113 days left in the year.|
1862 -- 150 years ago: Farmers now are making our town quite lively by the rattle of their heavy loads of grain again through our streets. If they consult our market reports they will find that prices rule higher here than at any place in this region.
1887 -- 125 years ago: D. T. Robinson is laying a new cement sidewalk around his residence at 12th Street and 6th Avenue.
1912 -- 100 years ago: The Tri-City Railway Company is considering installation of iron poles in Rock Island as replacement for wooden supports.
1937 -- 75 years ago: The Moline Woman's Club will open its 1937-38 season on Saturday, Oct. 9, with a guest day program at 2p.m. in the Scottish Rite Cathedral.
1962 -- 50 years ago: The Lutheran School of Theology, Rock Island campus, will open its academic year tonight with a service at 8 p.m. in Ascension Chapel. Formerly Augustana Theological Seminary, the name of the institution was changed when Augustana Lutheran Church merged with other Lutheran bodies to form the Lutheran Church in America.
1987 -- 25 years ago: Moline School District 40 continued its 17-year enrollment decline this fall, losing 135 students – fewer than 2 percent of last year's enrollment.
Geneseo, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|