Press release submitted by Community Foundation of the Great River Bend |
The Community Foundation of the Great River Bend Awards $98,784 in Community Impact Funds
BETTENDORF, IA – The Community Foundation of the Great River Bend is pleased to announce that eight nonprofit organizations received $98,784 in grants from the Community Impact Fund. The Community Impact Fund provides the Community Foundation with the flexibility to meet a wide range of community needs each year.
Grant recipients include:
- Bethany for Children & Families, $14,817, Documentation and Technology Upgrades
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Mississippi Valley, $15,000, Teen Center Technology Work Stations
- Casa Guanajuato Quad Cities, $13,000, Childhood Literacy and Family Engagement Initiative
- Center for Active Seniors, Inc. (CASI), $15,000, Information Management Software Update
- Community Health Care, Inc., $13,167, Electronic Dental Record Implementation
- Safer Foundation, $4,800, Staff and Community Partner Training
- Scott County Kids, $8,000, Board Development and Strategic Planning
- Young House Family Services, $15,000, Integrated Billing and Clinical Management Software
Within the Community Impact Fund, the Core Mission Grant program represents a new focus for the Community Foundation. "The Core Mission Grant program challenges nonprofit organizations to transform how they meet their missions," stated Susan Skora, President and CEO of the Community Foundation. "Our intent for this grant program is to fully fund more requests."
"Our preference will be to fund projects that support strategic planning, board development, staff capacity, technology development, succession planning, collaborative work, critical equipment needs, and technology/software needs," stated Skora.
The next Core Mission Grant cycle begins in fall 2012. Organizations interested in applying should visit www.cfgrb.org to submit their Letter of Inquiry by September 1, 2012. Applicants will be notified of approval by September 10, 2012. Approved applicants will be invited to complete a full online application. Full applications are reviewed and grants awarded in early November 2012. Please call Nicole Freise at 563-326-2840 with any questions regarding the grant application process.
The Community Impact Fund is made possible by the generosity of the Community Foundation's donors. Please visit www.cfgrb.org or call 563-326-2840 to inquire about donating to this fund.
The Community Foundation of the Great River Bend is a nonprofit organization that connects people who care with causes that matter. CFGRB meets the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations as established by the Council on Foundations.
Geneseo, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|