Class 2A baseball- Mercer County at Monmouth-Roseville (Mercer County Regional): Having battled for the Lincoln Trail Conference crown -- ultimately finishing fourth in a highly competitive race with an 11-7 record -- Mercer County (18-15) is one of the toughest No. 5 seeds around as it heads to Monmouth's Sunny Lane Park to tangle with fourth-seeded Monmouth-Roseville.|
- Kewanee at Minonk Fieldcrest (Chillicothe IVC Regional): Another team that is better than their No. 5 seed would indicate is the Kewanee Boilermakers (17-11), who completed their second year in the Three Rivers Conference with a 10-4 league mark, one game behind five-time TRAC-9 champion Morrison. A win today at fourth-seeded Fieldcrest would pit the Boilers against top-seeded IVC.
- Bureau Valley at Princeton (Rock Falls Regional): A season of struggles for Rockridge alum John Matlick's Bureau Valley Storm is in the rear-view mirror as fifth-seeded BV looks for renewal against the fourth-seeded Princeton Tigers. A shot at top-seeded Rock Falls awaits the winner.
Class 2A softball- Monmouth-Roseville at Mercer County (Sherrard Regional): Having just missed out on a winning Lincoln Trail Conference season for first-year coach Cassidy Staker, finishing 8-10 in the league, the fourth-seeded Mercer County Golden Eagles look to give themselves a crack at the top-seeded regional hosts with a win today against No. 5 Monmouth-Roseville.
- Erie-Prophetstown at Bureau Valley (Rock Falls Regional): The fifth-seeded Erie-Prophetstown Panthers hope to extend the prep career of senior catcher and leading hitter Kimberly Teats by at least one more game with a win today at Manlius against their Three Rivers Conference rivals, the fourth-seeded Bureau Valley Storm, who were regional finalists last spring.
- Kewanee at Princeton (Hall Regional): Like their baseball counterparts, Kewanee and Princeton will be paired up in today's first round, with the sixth-seeded Boiler Girls hoping to pull the upset against their former NCIC rivals.
Class 1A baseball- Milledgeville at Fulton (Fulton Regional): Two years removed from a regional championship, the Fulton Steamers hope to make it a week-long stand on their home diamond as the third-seeded regional hosts open up against No. 6 Milledgeville, with a possible matchup with second-seeded Lanark Eastland looming should Fulton win.
- Princeville at United (Abingdon Regional): It's a Lincoln Trail Conference rematch between teams that combined to win five LTC games during the regular season. One year removed from winning a conference title, the fourth-seeded United Red Storm topped No. 5 Princeville twice nearly two weeks ago.
Class 1A softball- Fulton at Sterling Newman (Eastland Regional): Three Rivers Conference rivals meet again as No. 5 Fulton treks to No. 4 Sterling Newman, with the winner getting a semifinal matchup with top-seeded Milledgeville.
Geneseo, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|