Press release submitted by City of Rock Island|
City Manager Thomas Thomas announced Jeff Eder will be the new Community & Economic Development Director for the City of Rock Island. His official start date will be June 4, 2012. Mr. Eder most recently worked as the Director of Community Development for the Village of Franklin Park, Illinois.
"I was impressed with Jeff Eder and his experience in economic development. I'm pleased to get him on board, as we have a lot of important work to do. Upcoming projects include planning for new businesses on the I-280 / IL-92 corridor, assisting businesses that are opening in Rock Island, and improving our tax base," stated Mr. Thomas.
Mr. Eder will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities of the Community and Economic Development Department. Work involves responsibility for the planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing the City's Planning and Redevelopment Division, Economic Development Division, and Inspections Division in furtherance of City Council goals and adopted policies.
Mr. Eder has a Masters of Business Administration from Indiana University (1997) and Bachelor of Urban Planning and Development and Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design from Ball State University (1993). In addition, he is an Economic Development Institute Graduate from the University of Oklahoma (2002).
Mr. Eder has worked in a variety of positions including:
• Village of Franklin Park, Illinois: Director of Community Development 2009–2012,
Director of Planning and Development 2003 – 2009, Director of Economic Development 2000–2003
• Locus Information Systems, Champaign, Illinois: Director of Business Development 2000
• Greater Champaign-Urbana Economic Partnership, Illinois: Director Economic Development 1997-2000
• North Central Indiana Private Industry Council, Peru, Indiana: Grant Writer 1995-1996
• Grissom Redevelopment Authority, Bunker Hill, Indiana: Manager of Property/Developer 1994-1995
• Peru/Miami County Economic Development Corporation, Peru, Indiana: Manager of Technical Support Services 1993-1994
Recruitment for the position started after former Community & Economic Development Director Greg Champagne announced his retirement. The City held a nationwide search and narrowed the candidates to five semi-finalists who were interviewed. Bob Hawes has been serving and will continue to serve as Interim Community & Economic Development Director; Mr. Hawes is the Public Works Director and Assistant City Manager.
Rock island, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|